Home Forums Support API help needed Trying to POST multiple contacts when uploading clients

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hillel Coren 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Paul Mellor
    Participant

I have been having an issue. Can i send mutlplie contacts up via POST with the one client? is the a sample format i can use as a reference? as nothing in the API doc or Swagger.

Or do you have a sample script for send up just the contacts linked to a client?

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s supported. You’d need to send an array of contacts, there’s an example for invoices which is similar.

https://invoice-ninja.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api.html#creating-data

Paul Mellor
    Participant

Ok i can’t get it to work for clients with multiple contacts. i have had no issues uploading clients with single contacts, with the following json:-

{“account_key”:””,”address1″:”xx Solquest Way”,”address2″:””,”archived_at”:””,”balance”:””,”city”:”Cooloongup”,”contacts”:{“0”:{“account_key”:””,”archived_at”:””,”contact_key”:””,”custom_value1″:””,”custom_value2″:””,”email”:”[email protected]”,”first_name”:”Paul”,”id”:””,”is_owner”:””,”is_primary”:””,”last_login”:””,”last_name”:”Mellor”,”phone”:”9555555″,”send_invoice”:””,”updated_at”:””}},”country_id”:36,”credit_number_counter”:””,”currency_id”:””,”custom_value1″:””,”custom_value2″:””,”display_name”:””,”id”:””,”id_number”:”CUST00018″,”industry_id”:””,”invoice_number_counter”:””,”is_deleted”:””,”is_owner”:””,”language_id”:””,”last_login”:””,”name”:””,”paid_to_date”:””,”payment_terms”:””,”postal_code”:6168,”private_notes”:””,”public_notes”:””,”quote_number_counter”:””,”send_reminders”:””,”shipping_address1″:”xx Solquest Way”,”shipping_address2″:””,”shipping_city”:”Cooloongup”,”shipping_country_id”:36,”shipping_postal_code”:6168,”shipping_state”:”Western Australia”,”show_tasks_in_portal”:””,”size_id”:””,”state”:”Western Australia”,”task_rate”:””,”updated_at”:””,”vat_number”:””,”website”:””,”work_phone”:””}

This is working correctly i get back the response i would expect.

and for multiple contacts, this is what i am sending:-

{“account_key”:””,”address1″:”xx Solquest Way”,”address2″:””,”archived_at”:””,”balance”:””,”city”:”Cooloongup”,”contacts”:{“0”:{“account_key”:”SrrySfxZZpdmJkm5bNt0GAv6WywTmQgt”,”archived_at”:””,”contact_key”:”vuxcbs1i9e5go6t2g0rgqwykznxryitt”,”custom_value1″:””,”custom_value2″:””,”email”:”[email protected]”,”first_name”:”Paul”,”id”:””,”is_owner”:””,”is_primary”:””,”last_login”:””,”last_name”:”Mellor”,”phone”:”9555555″,”send_invoice”:””,”updated_at”:””},”1″:{“account_key”:””,”archived_at”:””,”contact_key”:””,”custom_value1″:””,”custom_value2″:””,”email”:”[email protected]”,”first_name”:”Sylvia”,”id”:””,”is_owner”:””,”is_primary”:””,”last_login”:””,”last_name”:”Gabs”,”phone”:”555 5555″,”send_invoice”:””,”updated_at”:””}},”country_id”:36,”credit_number_counter”:””,”currency_id”:””,”custom_value1″:””,”custom_value2″:””,”display_name”:””,”id”:””,”id_number”:”CUST00019″,”industry_id”:””,”invoice_number_counter”:””,”is_deleted”:””,”is_owner”:””,”language_id”:””,”last_login”:””,”name”:””,”paid_to_date”:””,”payment_terms”:””,”postal_code”:6168,”private_notes”:””,”public_notes”:””,”quote_number_counter”:””,”send_reminders”:””,”shipping_address1″:”xx Solquest Way”,”shipping_address2″:””,”shipping_city”:”Cooloongup”,”shipping_country_id”:36,”shipping_postal_code”:6168,”shipping_state”:”Western Australia”,”show_tasks_in_portal”:””,”size_id”:””,”state”:”Western Australia”,”task_rate”:””,”updated_at”:””,”vat_number”:””,”website”:””,”work_phone”:””}

I get this response when sending the multiple contacts.
    {
    “data”: {
    “account_key”: “SrrySfxZZpdmJkm5bNt0GAv6WywTmQgt”,
    “is_owner”: true,
    “user_id”: 1,
    “id”: 1,
    “name”: “”,
    “display_name”: “”,
    “balance”: 0,
    “paid_to_date”: 0,
    “updated_at”: 1552185621,
    “archived_at”: null,
    “address1”: “”,
    “address2”: “”,
    “city”: “”,
    “state”: “”,
    “postal_code”: “”,
    “country_id”: 0,
    “work_phone”: “”,
    “private_notes”: “”,
    “public_notes”: “”,
    “last_login”: “”,
    “website”: “”,
    “industry_id”: 0,
    “size_id”: 0,
    “is_deleted”: false,
    “payment_terms”: 1,
    “vat_number”: “”,
    “id_number”: “CUST00001”,
    “language_id”: 0,
    “currency_id”: 0,
    “custom_value1”: “”,
    “custom_value2”: “”,
    “invoice_number_counter”: 0,
    “quote_number_counter”: 0,
    “task_rate”: 0,
    “shipping_address1”: “”,
    “shipping_address2”: “”,
    “shipping_city”: “”,
    “shipping_state”: “”,
    “shipping_postal_code”: “”,
    “shipping_country_id”: 0,
    “show_tasks_in_portal”: false,
    “send_reminders”: false,
    “credit_number_counter”: 0,
    “custom_messages”: “{}”,
    “contacts”: [
    {
    “account_key”: “SrrySfxZZpdmJkm5bNt0GAv6WywTmQgt”,
    “is_owner”: true,
    “id”: 1,
    “first_name”: “”,
    “last_name”: “”,
    “email”: “”,
    “contact_key”: “dfdst0jth9t2f5tbwwjy0cgpgty85xbc”,
    “updated_at”: 1552185621,
    “archived_at”: null,
    “is_primary”: true,
    “phone”: “”,
    “last_login”: “”,
    “send_invoice”: true,
    “custom_value1”: “”,
    “custom_value2”: “”
    }
    ]
    }
    }

I am lost at what is wrong.
    I have Also tried changed the “[]” to “{}” around the contacts array but get a Error.

Paul Mellor
    Participant

Thes reason i am asking as i have the exact same settings for the invoicing and can send invoices with multiple line items without issues.

Just not contacts

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

The contacts are an array so it should be [{contact1},{contact2},…] like the invoice example.

Paul Mellor
    Participant

Ok so they should not be numbered?

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

No, please review the invoice example

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: