Home Forums Support British banks

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hillel Coren 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Can you add more bank accounts on the system? I cant register the transactions made from and in some bank accounts/credit cards we use in our business. British banks like HSBC, NatWest, Barclays Halifax.

Thank you

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Just to clarify.. I assume you’re referring to ‘Settings > Credit Cards & Banks’ not ‘Settings > Online Payments’.

We use http://www.ofxhome.com/ to support our integration with US Banks, do you know of something similar for British banks?

Anonymous

Yes, also when you manually add a payment, you should add an option to select the bank.

I will try to find something (if it exists).

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

I’m not sure it would be applicable for all users.

Maybe you can store it in the notes?

Anonymous

Businesses might need to use different bank accounts/credit cards for different activities. Its really important for them to be accurate and show the transaction happening from/into every bank account.
    You can’t put all bank accounts into one.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

I definitely see the importance but this is the first time I’ve heard this request, I guess most of our users only have a single account.

It’s possible we’ll add custom payment fields in the future which may work well here.

zoot
    Participant

Almost all of the other web based invoicing/accounting platforms which I’ve tested, or used, integrate with Yodlee for read-only bank feeds.

I would suggest adding this integration to Invoice Ninja’s road map to add support for a much broader global bank base.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestion, we’ll look into it…

alastrodg
    Participant

Hello – new Invoice Ninja user here. Very impressed so far!

I’d just like to resurrect this as UK bank feeds would be really helpful.

UK (and EU I believe) have now all moved to the ‘open banking’ standard, which I believe provides a standard API for access to all banks operating in the territory.

I’m not sure what would be involved to implement it, but possibly worth looking into?

Some info here: https://www.openbanking.org.uk/providers/third-party-providers/.

It would be a killer feature if we could get bank feeds into IN over this side of the pond!

Thanks again for an awesome product.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Awesome, glad to hear it 🙂

Thanks for the suggestion, we’re currently working on v2 of the app and will definitively keep this in mind when we’re implementing this feature.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: