Home Forums Support early payment discount

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hillel Coren 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Marc
    Participant

Hi,

sorry for my bad english. I want to give my customers an early payment discount. For example the invoice has an amoumt of 100€, payable within 7 days 2% discount, 14 days net. I’m only able to book the payment of 100€. When I enter the real payment of 98,04€, the discount of 1,94€ is remaining an the customer sees the missing amount at his dashboard.

How can I manage this?

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Have you tried setting a discount for the invoice?

Marc
    Participant

Yes, but that isn’t what i want. I want to provide an discount dependent on how fast the customer pays. The invoice tells “pay 98€ withing next 7 days (2% discount) or pay within 14 days net”. Then I have to enter the amount the customer has finaly paid – and here I can’t enter the real paid amount and mark the invoice as finaly paid.
    sorry can’t explain it better :-/

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Sorry, it isn’t supported. You’d need to manually adjust the invoice before they pay.

Marc
    Participant

Okay, I hope it will be implemented in future, this is an ordinary case in germany, called “skonto” (skonto isn’t the correct word for it, it means “discount for cash” but it is used for early payments also)

janrop
    Participant

I have added a pull request to implement a feature to automatically add a discount over the remaining balance on payment creation.

https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/pull/2824

Feel free to implement the changes yourself, if you are in a hurry:

https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/pull/2824/commits/cf273f0eb44c0f7fef71cb3f37019505cb5d3370

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Thanks for taking the time to create the PR!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: