Home Forums Support Emails not being sent/received on self-hosted, but test email works

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  itsViney 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

itsViney
    Participant

I’ve just installed Invoice Ninja on my webserver and am getting everything set-up. I’ve configured my email settings under Settings > System Settings to send mail via SMTP and have entered by mail server credentials. Clicking the ‘Send test email’ on that page works perfectly and I immediately receive the test email in my inbox, but no other emails seem to be getting through.

For example, I’m setting up a few users and sending them invitations to create accounts but none of those are arriving.

Any ideas?

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

It could be a bug, a few other users have reported the same problem. I haven’t been able to reproduce it though.

You may want to test with a different email provider to see if it helps.

itsViney
    Participant

Hi Hillel. Thanks for the quick response. Let me know if there’s any logs or anything I could send you to help track the bug down or reproduce it.

My email provider is G Suite/Google for Business, if that helps. Pretty sure everything’s correctly set-up on that end because I also have a WordPress install configured to send mail the same way and that’s working.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Are you able to email invoices through the app?

It may help to run sudo php artisan config:clear

itsViney
    Participant

Just tested and yes, invoice emails do get sent and received no problem. Also tried clearing the laravel config cache but that hasn’t helped.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: