Home Forums Support Importing JSON in pro plan dosn't work

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hillel Coren 5 days, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

paroiron
    Participant

Hi, after setting both my local self hosted Invoice Ninja and my pro plan to English, I exported to a JSON file and imported both data and settings to my pro plan, but it failed. I’ve tried to import data only or settings only with the same lack of success. The only message I get is “Please select a file” in a reddish line up the screen.
    I’ve had no luck with the knowledge base or the forum.
    I have custom fields, but I don’t think it is a problem, is it?
    Is there anything I should double check or configure ? Thanks !

(By the way, I think import/export should be independent from language.)

paroiron
    Participant

CSV seems to work, but it seems like I can’t get all the data from it.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Hmmm… the language shouldn’t affect the JSON import/export.

If you’re transferring from self-host to hosted can you confirm the self host app is running the latest version.

paroiron
    Participant

Hi,
    About the language, I assumed it was sensitive because there’s a warning on the app’s import page (“use English”).
    My local install is very close to the latest version, i.e. 4.5.xx. I’ll check tomorrow ’cause it’s past bedtime here.
    Cheers

paroiron
    Participant

Checked : self hosted is v.4.5.4. I don’t think such a minor difference in version should be a problem : I understand you can’t guarantee backward compatibility, but forward compatibility on a third digit version shouldn’t matter. Am I mistaken ?

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

I’m not sure.. that said if the problem were due to a version mismatch I’d expect it to fail during the import, it sounds like you aren’t able to upload the JSON file itself. How large is the file, maybe it’s a size issue?

paroiron
    Participant

Yes it seems like no file was passed to the app. File is 2.4Mo. Nothing close to a big data problem. Maybe a timeout if your server is a bit too busy ?
    I tried to create another account on my self hosted Invoice Ninja and to import the same file : it took a few minutes but it worked, so I don’t think the file is corrupted. I had about 30 error messages though :
    “{“account_key”:”bbeqkrvxhdkk3mh85mbwpup1st3f3nit”,”is_owner”:true,”amount”:100,”transaction_reference”:””,”payment_date”:”2019-10-30″,”updated_at”:1572430401,”archived_at”:null,”is_deleted”:false,”payment_type_id”:1,”invoice_id”:236,”invoice_number”:”F201910347″,”private_notes”:””,”exchange_rate”:1,”exchange_currency_id”:0,”refunded”:0,”payment_status_id”:4,”type”:”payment”,”error”:”The client does not have enough credit.”}
    After some investigation, it seems like I lost past/used and pending credits, creating this problem.

Any idea on one of these now two problems ? That’s quite annoying, I can’t use my pro plan if I can’t transfer the data safely.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  paroiron.
    • This reply was modified 1 week ago by  paroiron.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

I’m not sure about the first issue, maybe it’s related to the character encoding?

I believe the second issue is an open bug.

paroiron
    Participant

So what can I do ?

How can I transfer my data to my pro plan ? CSV doesn’t seem to be an option, as it can only transfer some fields, not all the data. I like the JSON process, because it’s complete (settings and all the data).

It raises another question : on a pro plan, I guess you have a backup system for the data we put in the app. But if I want to backup on my side using JSON and cannot use it, I don’t feel safe.

paroiron
    Participant

You’re right the second issue is #2075 bug for applied credits of may 2018 :
    https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/issues/2075
    I can manually correct it because I only have 3 dozens of concerned invoices. I’m lucky I don’t have 3 hundreds.

Still I can’t import the JSON on my pro plan (first issue). Is there any workaround you could think of ?

• This reply was modified 6 days ago by  paroiron. Reason: disambiguation

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Another option would be to use a third party site such as Zapier, Intergormat or Piesync to transfer the data.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: