Home Forums Support Invoice date is not being formatted correctly

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hillel Coren 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

quebecblogue
    Participant

Hi Hillel,

I noticed that there’s a small bug with the date format in the invoice.

1) It doesn’t use the locale set by the language. It says Feb-02 … The date is in english even if the rest of the invoice is in french

2) So I decided to use this format “yyyy-mm-dd” in the localization settings. I though to myself that it was pretty international but this doesn’t work ; it replaces the month number with its english abbreviation and prints 2016-Feb-02

So in the end, I’m stuck 🙁

Thanks to help me…

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

This may be related to the following fix:

https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/commit/7278905bb2858bf13be5251d24c1a49b5388db7a

Try the following steps:
    – Run this SQL query: update date_formats set picker_format = ‘yyyy-mm-dd’ where id = 8;
    – Then load any page with ?clear_cache=true added to the end of the URL

quebecblogue
    Participant

Close.

I fixed it with :

update date_formats set format = ‘Y-m-d’ where id = 8

Thanks

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know, we’ll include this fix with our next release.

Mikhoul
    Participant

@hillel the fix don’t seem to have been implemented since I have the same problem 3 years later, is it something you have forget to fix ?

I configured Invoice Ninja in English since it was more easy to learn and follow with the guide but once the configuration was done I’ve put the localisation in French and produced invoice only to see later that the date was in English after my customers told me about it.

In meantime I changed to a numerical date but I’d really like to be able to use a format like “10 Mars 2019”.

Regards ! ☺️

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Sorry, we won’t be able to support it. You’ll need to use a numeric date format.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: