Home Forums Support Password reminders and user invitations not sending

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hillel Coren 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Adri
    Participant

Hi

I’m on a self-hosted version of InvoiceNinja. It was installed via Softaculous and I’m on version 4.5.7.
    I have 2 companies in there at the moment.

Since a the beginning (so several version before this one), I have the following issues:

1. I forgot the password of the administrator of 1 of the companies. I can still enter via the other admin, but would like to have this fixed anyway. When I try to recover the password, I never receive the mail for the recovery (also not in spam).

2. I created a user with just viewing access. It said it sends out an invitation mail, but it doesn’t send it. (I did check spam boxes etc).

I think both issues are related.

I’m using SMTP to mail, and both companies can mail invoices. This works. Also the SMTP test mails work fine.

I did read a post earlier that sounded similar, except for the fact they had only 1 company registered, but I have been teaching for 15 minutes and can’t find it anymore :-s.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Kind regards

Adriaan

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Are you using the same SMTP settings for both companies? I’d suggest checking the .env file.

Adri
    Participant

Hi

both companies use different SMTP servers and passwords.

I checked de .env file and saw that, apart from the 1_MAIL_… and 2_MAIL_… (that are complete), there’s also a simple MAIL_… (without a number in front of it).

I entered SMTP settings in here (the same as for the 1_MAIL_…), but it still isn’t working.

Kind regards

Adriaan

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

You may want to check your email logs to check if the email is being sent.

Adri
    Participant

Hi, where can I find these logs? Is it the larval-error.log?

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

That log just shows errors, the location of your email logs will depend on the service you’re using.

If you set APP_DEBUG to true it will add a line to larval-info.log when sending.

Adri
    Participant

Hi, this is the error message:

production.ERROR: Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username “[email protected]” using 2 possible authenticators {“context”:”PHP”,”user_id”:1,”account_id”:1,”user_name”:”System Administrator”,”method”:”GET”,”user_agent”:”Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_2) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.0.2 Safari/605.1.15″,”locale”:”en”,”ip”:”xx.xx.xx.xx”,”count”:1,”is_console”:”no”,”is_api”:”no”,”db_server”:”mysql”,”url”:”send_confirmation/1″} []

Adri
    Participant

Okay, I managed to solve it.
    I’m now using another account for the SMTP. It’s strange that the original one doesn’t work :-s.

Many thanks for the help!

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it’s working!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: