Home Forums Support Quotes approved are archived despite quote workflow parameters

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  paroiron 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

paroiron
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m using Invoice Ninja 4.5.4 self hosted for my workshop, localhost only, single user.
    I have a problem with quotes, that are archived when marked approved, despite the following settings :
    InvoiceSettings>WorkflowSettings>QuoteWorkflow>AutoConvert disabled
    InvoiceSettings>WorkflowSettings>QuoteWorkflow>AutoArchive disabled

Is there anything I’m missing ?

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

I’m not sure, I haven’t been able to reproduce the problem.

paroiron
    Participant

Thank you for your answer. I’m feeling a little bit awkward for now because I’m struggling with this problem for 2 weeks now, and it worked today. The only thing I can think of is that I’ve switched to English and back to French (so that I can post this message with the correct english option/menu names). Is there any way that switching back to English can solve this ? That’s quite a mistery. I’ve read that for some phantomJS thingees on Invoice Ninja, switching back to English can solve problems.

Anyway, it’s working now.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

I’m not sure, but I’m glad to hear it’s working!

paroiron
    Participant

Hi,
    same problem again, switching languages back and forth or working in English does not solve anything anymore but I figured out why you weren’t able t reproduce it and why it suddenly worked when I first opened the subject !

It looks like Invoice Ninja mistakes InvoiceSettings>WorkflowSettings>QuoteWorkflow>AutoConvert for InvoiceSettings>WorkflowSettings>QuoteWorkflow>AutoArchive when approving a quote. Here’s what I was able to reproduce 10 times out of 10 :

— 1st case :
    -> everything works as it should

— 2nd case :
    InvoiceSettings>WorkflowSettings>QuoteWorkflow>AutoConvert enabled

— 3rd case :
    InvoiceSettings>WorkflowSettings>QuoteWorkflow>AutoConvert enabled
    InvoiceSettings>WorkflowSettings>QuoteWorkflow>AutoArchive enabled

— 4th case :
    InvoiceSettings>WorkflowSettings>QuoteWorkflow>AutoArchive enabled
    -> Here I’ve got a problem : approving a quote marks it ‘approved’ AND archives it. It would be logical that approving a quote only marks it ‘approved’ and that archiving occurs when converting it to an invoice. 4th case’s bug does not show in 3rd case because (marking approved)+(converting to invoice)+(archiving the quote) is the expected workflow.

Last time I reported the bug, in my second message I was indeed in 1st case instead of 4th case, my mistake.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

From your description it seems to be working as designed?

paroiron
    Participant

Thank you for your answer. Based on my understanding of the AtutoArchive flag (i.e. “Automatically archive quotes when they are converted.”) I disagree. Converting a quote is not approving it, isn’t it ? Therefore workflow should be the following in 4th case :
    create quote-> approve quote-> quote is approved and not archived-> convert to invoice when job is done-> quote is automatically archived while invoice is created from quote
    Instead I have :
    create quote-> approve quote-> quote automatically archived while no invoice is created whicj leads to an archived approved quote never converted to an invoice yet-> you have to restore quote to convert it to an invoice, which is weird.

If that’s not supposed to work like this, then why having separated Autoconvert and Autoarchive flags ?

Thank you for your help !

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Hmm… that’s a good point, I’ll look into it.

paroiron
    Participant

Thank you very much ! Invoice ninja works great for me besides this !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: