Home Forums Support Recurrent invoice problem in February

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ClikWiz 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

gcrespo
    Participant

Hi,
    It looks like there’s a bug when dealing with “Monthly” invoices in February. My recurrent invoices were created with the date “03-01-2018” instead of “02-28-2018” (last day of the month or similar). I had to change all them manually. Is there anything I’m missing?

Regards,
    Gabriel Crespo

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

We support setting the due date to the last date of the month however we don’t support sending the invoice on the last day of the month. Until it’s supported you’d need to send invoices on the 28th day of the month.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

FYI… we’ll look into fixing this in our next major release.

gcrespo
    Participant

Hi Hillel,
    Thank you for the info. It would be really nice to have that fixed. The critical point is not the due date or the sending date, but the generation date (at least in Spain, there’s a big difference if the invoice is generated February, 28th or March, 1st).

Regards,
    Gabriel Crespo

ClikWiz
    Participant

I had this problem too. Because my invoice start dates were Jan 31 and due the 1st day of the month. Because of this, the system decides all the invoices that were supposed to be due March 1, are now due April 1. So now I have to change all the invoices to be due on the 2nd instead of the 1st, which is not a great option.

It would be great if I could have some invoices autobill on the send date, while others autobill on the due date. I’m only sending the invoice out a day early because the system won’t allow the start and due dates be the same.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Are you using invoiceninja.com or are you self hosting?

ClikWiz
    Participant

invoiceninja.com

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Which setting are you using for the due date on the recurring invoice?

ClikWiz
    Participant

They were set to the 1st of the month. Autobill is set to bill on Due Date

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

If you want the invoices to be billed on the same day they’re sent you can select ‘Use client payment terms’ and set the payment terms to ‘Net 0’.

ClikWiz
    Participant

Ahhh! That’s exactly what I needed. Thank you!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: