Home Forums Support Recurring Invoices – when do they trigger invoice creation and email sending?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  brackenhill_mob 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

brackenhill_mob
    Participant

Self-hosting on 4.5.11 but tested on all versions back to 4.5.7

This morning I was expecting our recurring invoices to be sent out to clients. The cron job runs a simple script at 06:30UTC that pipes the output of artisan to a file so we can check for errors etc.

This morning the script ran, counted the number of recurring invoices correctly but didn’t create or send them. At 08:00 I manually ran the cron script and the log file was exactly the same. I then went to a meeting and came back at 09:10 to continue debugging this. When I ran the cron script then, the invoices were created and the email system triggered.

I had a problem with triggers when I first setup IN. The cron job originally ran at 00:15UTC but as above, nothing was created.

So what causes the system to create/send recurring invoices?

I ask because I edited one of the invoices yesterday afternoon and wondered if the time of the edit has a bearing on the trigger mechanism.

Is there a way to control this trigger so that I could run the cron job at a time of my choosing safe in the knowledge that invoices would be created and emailed?

I rely on the recurring invoice feature so I’m very keen to get this working reliably as I’m often travelling on the first day of the month when they are due to be created so can’t do it manually (like today) if there is a problem.

Many thanks as always for your help.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Maybe it’s related to the timezone, which timezone are you in?

brackenhill_mob
    Participant

I’m in the UK so UTC – we ignore summer time on our servers

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Sorry, in that case I’m not sure what the problem is.

You want to try running the cron later in the day.

brackenhill_mob
    Participant

I was afraid of that 😉

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: