Home Forums Support Self hosted GoCardless – automatic payment

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jibix 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

willr
    Participant

Hi all

At the moment, I have GoCardless subscriptions set up separately from my InvoiceNinja install as I didn’t think it would be possible for InvoiceNinja to autobill through GoCardless. However, it’s getting difficult to keep track of which payments are for which invoices.

I’m looking at the docs now and it seems that InvoiceNinja does allow for automatic billing from GoCardless to take immediate payment for recurring invoices. Is this the case?

Thanks

Will

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

That’s correct, we support auto billing with GoCardless.

Let me know if you need help setting it up.

willr
    Participant

Thanks Hillel – I’ve set GoCardless up and I’ve just had a client pay for their recurring Invoice. Do they need to “Opt in” like they do with Stripe for payments to automatically hit GoCardless? Or will this just happen automatically in the future on the date that their recurring invoice is raised?

Thanks

Will

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

They’re slightly different, with GoCardless your client pays on the GoCardless site so they wouldn’t see the ‘opt in’ option in Invoice Ninja.

If auto bill is set to always on the recurring invoice it should auto bill.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Note: we don’t support using Stripe alongside GoCardless.

willr
    Participant

Perfect, thanks – I’ve now set the client’s Auto Bill field to “Always” so hopefully it will kick in next month.

Am I best deleting the Stripe gateway if I’m using GoCardless? Just added Stripe in to give clients a range of ways to pay!

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Yes, for GoCardless auto billing to work you’ll need to archive the Stripe gateway.

In the latest version the app should prevent adding both gateways together.

willr
    Participant

Thanks. One final question – if I have a client set up on GoCardless auto-bill but then I need to invoice for a one-off piece of work that is on 30 days terms and shouldn’t go through Direct Debit is there a way to do that?

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Only recurring invoices are auto billed, standard invoices are not.

jibix
    Participant

Hello all, I had gocardless & stripe so after reading this I did remove Stripe gateway so auto-billing for my recuring invoice works. But it’s not generating the paiement in gocardless, i don’t understand because I did:
    – Check that the gocardless client where added from the pay button of invoice ninja
    – It is a recuring invoice
    – settings are good in parameters > online paiement
    – settings are good on the recuring invoice, auto-billing set to always
    I am self hosting invoice nina and everything is up to dateV 4.5.11
    Any ideas?
    thanks a lot
    JB

jibix
    Participant

Hello, does anyone face this as well?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: