Home Forums Support Self Hosted – SMTP Emails – Gmail detecting as SPAM

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jmadrone 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

shanedel
    Participant

Hi have just installed a self hosted version of InvoiceNinja v4.5.10 and have to say its absolutely brilliant.

The only issue I can come across is that any invoices emailed to any gmail account are flagged as spam.
    Emails are being sent via SMTP from my own domain.

Emails sent from this domain via outlook or webmail are not flagged as spam so I presume it is an issue with the template from invoice ninja or the way its being sent.

I have no issues receiving emails to hotmail.com, outlook.com, yahoo.com etc. it just seems to be gmail from what I have tested.

Has anyone else experienced this before and how did you overcome it?

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Hmmm.. not sure, you may want to see if changing the email template or attaching/not attaching the PDF has an impact. I’d also suggest testing with a different email provider.

jmadrone
    Participant

Yes, I am experiencing this and have not found anything to solve this problem. Do you have proper authentication, DKIM SPF & DMARC setup for your domain? Have you tested this with something like http://mail-tester.com?

Here is my post: Invoice emails to clients marked spam and “Suspicious link” warning messages

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: