Home Forums Support sending emails fails

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hillel Coren 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hokascha
    Participant

Hi there,

after months of using IN self hosted without any problem, it suddenly stopped sending mails. I tried to debug as far as I could – to no avail. Here’s what I tried:

1. Send Mails via mail() (used before)
    Test mail sending stucks at “Working…” message. I get nothing in Postfix/PHP/Apache error logs. Can’t tell if mail() is even called. Laravell-error.log is also not logging anything. Enabled debug mode which gives me “production.INFO: Sending email – To: [email protected] | Reply: [email protected] | From: [email protected] [] []” (removed my actual email address) – but it doesn’t send anything…

2. Send Mails via SMTP
    First try using host “localhost” fails because the certificate name of my server doesn’t match “localhost”, of course. Second try using my server’s domain name ends in a timeout message: “Connection could not be established with host mail.kkdevs.com [Connection timed out #110]”.

I think there is no problem with the email server as all other emails are processed sucesfully. Mails are being submitted via SMTP and PHP’s mail() successfully. What makes me wonder is why the SMTP connection obviously can be established using “localhost” (failing afterwards due to TLS certificate error but leaving a trace in Postfix’ logs) but fails when using the domain name (no logs).

Any hints would be appreciated.

Kevin

IN Version: 4.5.17 (updated through the update shell script)

• This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  hokascha. Reason: added version information

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Did anything change when it stopped working?

hokascha
    Participant

I don’t think so. I can’t remember when exactly I upgraded IN to 4.5.17 – possibly this was the last change.

hokascha
    Participant

Checked the date of the IN files and I am now quite sure that IN stopped sending mails right after I upgraded to 4.5.17.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

In that case you may want to see if downgrading to 4.5.16 fixes it

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Assuming that was the version you upgraded from…

hokascha
    Participant

Reverted back to 4.5.14 (you all have backups, right? ;-)) emails are now being send again. Looks like there is a bug in 4.5.17.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Thanks, that’s helpful to know.

We’ll look into it…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: