Home Forums Support These credentials do not match our records when customer tries to access portal

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hillel Coren 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #22757

    [email protected]
    Participant

    Using 4.5.16 Invoice Ninja Free, Self Hosted. Everything works perfectly fine from the app perspective and the site, with the exception that when the customer attempts to access their invoice via the link in the Invoice Email which points them to the login page, and they are presented with the Login Page, entering their email address and password I have placed in the Client Record. they recieve and error that “These credentials do not match our records “. I have no idea why this should not be working. I also trying to have them click in the Forgot Password Link and when they use their email as is set in their client profile, it says “We can’t find a user with that e-mail address.”

    Can some one please give me some idea about what to look at because there should be no reason this isnt working. I have followed all steps to setup the self hosted version, and everything about the setup is working perfectly except this. I don’t know why.

    I have the .env pointing to https://systopian-web1.com the configured document root specifies the /var/www/html/invoiceninja/public so there is no need for me to set the URL to the app to /public. I saw another issue where this could cause a problem but this is not an issue with my setup. I don’t know how to valudate users or how to see what kind of error could be occurring. There is no errors in the apache2 logs so this must be an application level issue.

    #22758

    Titanfail
    Participant

    Check in /invoiceninja/storage/logs/laravel-error.log. To keep from having to paste the entire log, try logging in as a client and then you should only need the last few lines.

    #22759

    [email protected]
    Participant

    Oddly, I am seeing no errors there accept for an error I filed a few days ago with the db credentials, however, after doing some more digging and process of elimination, I noticed that the problem appears to be with the URL that is bring displayed in the Email that my Client Receives.

    The problem with the invalid credentials was because the URL in the Invoice email is sometimes caused in the wwb page to display the User Account Login page ie where i would go to login. So of course this would result in Credentials error… However after looking into this further, I believe my real problem has to do with the way the URL is bring generated for the Client in their Email.

    From my testing the link that allows the client to login is
    https://systopian-web1.com/client/login?
    This will allow to client to enter their email addr and password as set in their Client config.

    The link that is in the Email shows which is causing the page to load to the User Login not the Client Login
    https://systopian-web1.com/?j1xpkuqhoxrg7rf55naa5zo7mjumx04k/client <–This results in a Invald Session Token or it loads straight to the standard User Login (where I login)

    However, notice the URL? If I take this URL and modify it to the following, there by correcting the syntax error,
    https://systopian-web1.com/client?j1xpkuqhoxrg7rf55naa5zo7mjumx04k <—This will work and request the customers Password.

    The link provided in the App / Invoice / “View in Portal”link:
    https://systopian-web1.com/view/5r6apohd6xqnroxkujzmvnciix3gjaab

    So, the question is, why is the URL that the system is placing into the Email for the client Syntactically wrong? And how do I fix this?

    #22763

    Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

    It looks like you need to clear the URL you’ve set on Settings > Client Portal, it’s only needed if you plan to show the invoice in an iframe on your site.

    #22768

    [email protected]
    Participant

    After doing even more research on this, and happening across and unrelated issue, but one that had to do with the Link, it would appear that the Help files could be a little more clear about settings. It turns out the problem with the URL happened to be because I was actually setting the URL in the Settings / Client Portal URL. Apparently my lack of understanding that this was to only be set if you planned to use IFrames (which I am not even clear what I frames are at this moment), so I just assumed, since there was nothing in the help advising me against setting this. Infact in some setup guides I had looked at, this was advised to set.

    It might be helpful to add some additional info to this option inside the Settings that specifies that using this option without a custom iframes html file, setting this option will break your client portal links.

    #22798

    Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

    Can you please share the link to the guide which recommends setting this value, we’ll make sure it’s corrected.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: