Home Forums Support Trouble adding bank account

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bookman53 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bookman53
    Participant

I am running self-hosted version 4.5.17. I am trying to add a bank account at Settings > Advanced Settings > Credit Cards and Banks. Every time I try to connect the bank account I get this error message:

“Failed to retrieve account details, please check your credentials.”

I selected my bank (Suntrust) from the dropdown list and typed in the same credentials that I use to log into my online banking at Suntrust. I have checked and re-checked my credentials a number of times but can never get InvoiceNinja to accept my credentials.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

You may want to ask your bank about connecting using Quicken.

Also, there may be notes about your bank on the OFX website.

https://www.ofxhome.com/

bookman53
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

I don’t want to use the Quicken method. I do not use Quickbooks or Quicken and Suntrust charges $25/month for that service.

I just want to connect InvoiceNinja to my Suntrust account in a way that my expenses are retrieved from Suntrust on a regular basis in the same way that I can connect a credit card or bank account to my Hurdlr account and have my activity show up on a regular basis. I then accept the transaction as business related or reject it.

Does InvoiceNinja’s bank connection only work using the Quicken method?

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

I believe OFX uses the same connection as Quicken, if your bank charges extra for it it may explain why it isn’t working.

bookman53
    Participant

Okay, thanks for the input.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: