Home Forums Support Unable to register payments (500 server error)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  3Aconsulting 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

3Aconsulting
    Participant

Hello,

I recently had to recover my self hosted environment (create a new vm, install all components and restored a backup of the database. I’m currently on InvoiceNinja v4.5.13) all seemed well until I wanted to register a new payment. I throws an error (whatever way I try).
    In the laraval error-log I find this:
    production.ERROR: ***Illuminate\Database\QueryException*** [23000] : /var/www/html/invoiceninja/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php [Line 647] => SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘0’ for key ‘PRIMARY’ (SQL: insert into payments (user_id, account_id, public_id, payment_type_id, payment_date, transaction_reference, private_notes, exchange_currency_id, invoice_id, client_id, amount, updated_at, created_at) values (1, 1, 117, 2, 2019-07-02, , , , 122, 195, 145.2, 2019-07-09 10:58:06, 2019-07-09 10:58:06)) {“context”:”PHP”,”user_id”:1,”account_id”:1,”user_name”:”************”,”method”:”POST”,”user_agent”:”Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36″,”locale”:”nl”,”ip”:”192.168.*.*”,”count”:5,”is_console”:”no”,”is_api”:”no”,”db_server”:”mysql”,”url”:”payments”} []

When I check in the database it indeed registered the last payment with ID 0, but the status of the invoice is not updated (still == 2). The last succesful payment has an ID of 122. Did I forgot a step restoring the database in the new setup? Can anyone help getting this straightened out?

Thank you in advance

Guy

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Is the table’s id field (the primary key) set to auto-increment?

3Aconsulting
    Participant

No it isn’t, but I notice on invoices this id-field is also not autoincremented and adding new invoices still works. Is this then really necessary? And won’t it impact the existing id’s?

Hillel Coren
    Keymaster

Here’s what I see in my database. Not sure why invoices are working but any changes to the database schema will cause problems in the app.

mysql> describe payments;
    +-----------------------+----------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
    | Field                 | Type                 | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
    +-----------------------+----------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
    | id                    | int(10) unsigned     | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |

3Aconsulting
    Participant

Thank you for the input, my problem is solved. I changed all the id fields to auto increment and now everything works as expected.
    It seems the backup of the database does not take the auto increment in account.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in: