Ready to migrate to Invoice Ninja v5?
5 steps to migrate to the new Invoice Ninja!
- Create an account at http://invoicing.co/ using identical log-in credentials as your current [v4] account.
- Log in to your current v4 account at this link.
- Navigate to ‘Settings > Account Management‘
- Select “Start Migration” and follow the prompt “Migrate to version 5 of Invoice Ninja”
- Select your companies to migrate and enable “Force migration” for each, click “Continue”.
*You will receive an email when your v5 migration is complete.
*You will not lose any data or access to your current v4 account.
While waiting for your data to migrate into v5, checkout:
- What’s new in v5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- More v5 features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
What’s new in v5?
Invoices sent from your Gmail Account
- The most requested feature by far! Email invoices, quotes, & payment reminders via your Gmail email!
New “statuses” added to the “invoice life-cycle”
New “Invoice Life-cycles” to meet a range of global accounting needs:
- Cancelled Invoice
- Reversed Invoice
- Restored Invoice
Create Group Settings
- Show different company logos & contact details to different client groups, configure unique email reminders to different client groups, setup different payment terms to different client groups, use different languages to different client groups, many use cases!
- Add or remove clients from different “Groups” to control custom settings at a ‘group’ level.
Expanded Payments Features
- Multiple payment gateways now supported per account.
- Support applying one payment across multiple invoices.
- Enable ability to overpay/underpay an invoice.
- Utilize payments & credits with bulk actions against client balances.
Expanded Tasks & Projections Functionality
- Entirely new interface, expanded customizations.
- Include/exclude work-time details when sent to invoice.
- Added ability to attach documents to timed-tasks.
- Added ability to specify the rate on the task itself.
Expanded Customization & Advanced Settings
- Increased interlinking up to to 10 companies per account.
- Increased number of custom invoice fields to 4.
- Increased number of tax rates per invoice to 3.
- Expanded “Client Portal” functionality & customization.
- Custom field types: text, multiline, dropdown, date or switch.
- Third party service requests/responses are now logged.
- Changed PDF design to HTML/CSS.
- Support for unlimited custom invoice designs.
More v5 Features
- Support enabling inclusive/exclusive taxes at the client level.
- Additional users can now belong to multiple companies.
- Added option to receive notifications for failed payments.
- Added option to determine when the invoice number is set.
- Email template for partial payments/deposit payments.
- Option to track product cost to calculate the markup.
Additional languages now supported
- Hindi (coming soon)
- Punjabi (coming soon)
- Chinese Mandarin (coming soon)
When you are ready to use the new v5 platform, you will need to disable your email reminders in your v4 account and archive any recurring invoices to avoid duplicated being email out to your clients.